Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The Disease of Commerce

Over the weekend I had to stop and put some petrol in the car. It's an ordinary activity, nothing special or unique about it. It's something we all do at some point. And most of us even pay for the gas. Which is exactly what I did. I walked up to the counter, stated my pump number, and pulled out my cash. That's when things changed. The dude behind the counter asked, "Would you like any coffee or a roll with your gas?" WHAT!? Did I hear that correctly? Did this asshole just try an upsale with my gas? Have we gone that far? Have things gotten this bad? Coffee or a roll with my gas? I even asked the guy to repeat himself just to be sure I heard him correctly. "Would you like any coffee or a roll with your gas?" Yeah, I hadn't imagined it, I was the victim of an upsale attempt while buying gas. God forbid someone miss a chance to get another dime out of my pocket. Why can we no longer just buy gas? I'm sick and tired of all this convenience. Humans are stupid and lazy to begin with, we don't need any more help in that department.

That is all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home