Sunday, October 29, 2006

Tonight, we are the assholes


Well, yes, it's been a long time. I have been on the road with The Nadas since October 18; we started in Kansas City, swung through Denver and Evergreen, crossed through Utah into San Francisco, dropped down to LA, and tonight the tour ends in Phoenix. A good run, indeed.

Last night, we were the assholes; cruising from party to party in a stretch Hummer limo. It pained me somehow, but I was able to quiet the voices with a bottle of Templeton Rye. We were all styled out as dead celebrities. I found myself some amber sunglasses, a cigarette holder, a reserve of paranoia and went as Hunter S Thompson. It was a good time. Free drinks, Hollywood attitude, and an obnoxious limo; could you ask for anything more? Yes? Okay, top it all off with a 3AM cheeseburger at Mel's and a good night of rest on the floor of your room at the Hollywood Renaissance. Still not satisfied? Sorry, i don't think I can help.

So it's been two weeks seperated from reality. Once the Mets lost to the Cardinals the last cord was cut and i drifted to a far away universe on a tour bus gently rolling down the country's highways. No politics, no sports, no real idea of what the people in the real world are dealing with. And now I am tired, weak, and in need of a plan to slowly reenter the world.

But first it's off to Mexico for a stay at an exlusive recovery clinic for extreme cases of road madness. I'll be sure to tip one back for you. Mohalo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home