Jerry Falwell Dead at 73
I'm not too sure what there really is to say about it. It just came up on my screen moments ago. The founder of Moral Majority died today. I can only assume he's with his god. It's scary to think of what Jerry would be going through if he was wrong about everything.My memories of Jerry are all a blur right now. But it's seems like he's left us too soon. Our country is still being ravaged by homosexuals and rock and roll - the two greatest threats to the American Way of Life. I guess I was just always confused by him - his message seemed too full of anger and hate to be what I always thought of as "Christian." And there always seemed to be too much talk about money, whether raising it to fund a politician or himself. I recall that Jesus talked about getting the money changers out of the Temple, not giving them more money to fuel their causes.
But whatever he was, he sure wasn't going to back down. He stood there like a misguided soldier in the war for clean culture, damning anyone who dare speak against him. It couldn't have been easy. There had to be moments of doubt - when his counterpart in the moral battle were getting busted for bizarre sexual scandals with hookers and zoo animals, for instance - where he stood at the top of the mountain and shook his head.
And I suppose, in his mind, we've all given Jerry a lot of reasons to shake his head. The feeling's mutual, Jerry. So long.


4 Comments:
I don't know how I stumbled on your blog but I would love to talk to you. Unfortunately I don't have your email address so I have to trust that you will email me..
gplangels3@msn.com
Kelly (Berg) Kannel
tiny,
I would love to know where you keep getting these picture of the same handsome gentleman.
Agreed. Being a harlot for God and upholding the social hierarchy of rich white men everywhere is tough work.
May God have mercy on his soul.
- The Doctor's Attorney
As Ghandi said, "I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians, they are so unlike your Christ."
Post a Comment
<< Home